|Location||Type||Posting Date||Closing Date|
|Saskatoon||Full Time||Mar 29, 2021||Apr 25, 2021|
Gabriel Dumont Institute of Native Studies and Applied Research invites applications for the following position:
Senior Program Coordinator – Full-Time
Competition Code: 2101 200S Apr 24
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Senior Program Coordinator will be responsible for working with the office of the Executive Director to carry out duties in the following areas:
• In consultation with the Executive Director, manage and produce documents, reports, publications, internal and external communications, correspondence, grant applications, promotional materials, presentations, policy reviews, records of decision, memoranda of understanding, position papers, and briefing notes in a manner consistent with GDI business;
• Develop broad base of knowledge about the Institute and its entities in order to represent GDI in assigned forums, manage partnerships with key stakeholders, and offer perspectives consistent with the mandate and values of the Institute;
• Lead the planning and implementation of various Institute conferences, special projects and processes;
• Supervision and support of staff, as required;
• On-going evaluation of data collection, utilization of existing tools, and implementation of new methods to gather, process, and maintain statistical data related to program offerings, outcomes, graduation rates, and other Institute functions; and
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education, Business, or a related discipline; experience or training in a like field would be considered an asset. Candidates must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, strategic leadership, and independent work habits. A knowledge of, and demonstrated proficiency in, the use of a variety of software programs is essential. Knowledge of Métis culture and history are required. Confidentiality, respect for protocol, and professionalism are required traits. Candidates with several years of experience in a related field will be given preference. Métis candidates who self-identify in their cover letter will be considered under the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission exemption order that allows GDI to hire Métis affirmatively.
Remuneration: A competitive salary plus benefits package
Term: June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022; Based on a 199-day year, with possibility of renewal.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Deadline for receipt of applications: April 24th, 2021
Please quote competition code when submitting cover letter and resume to:
GDI Human Resources
917 – 22nd Street West, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7M 0R9
Ph: (306) 657-2264 Fax: (306) 975-0903
Gabriel Dumont Institute has permission from the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission to hire affirmatively. (EX93-15)
Please state in your cover letter if you are of Métis ancestry.