|Company||Location||Type||Posting Date||Closing Date|
|The Treaty 4 Student Success Program||Fort Qu'Appelle||Full Time||May 12, 2014||May 23, 2014|
The Treaty 4 Student Success Program (T4SSP) is an educational program serving 11 schools across the Treaty 4 territory. We are currently seeking an individual to join our dynamic team.
The Educational Psychologist is a specialist in providing diagnostic and programming services for school children with exceptional learning, emotional and behavioral needs.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not restricted to the following:
• Service needs to be accessed through a referral process
• Observe, review files, collect classroom data, consult with teachers, principals and parents/guardians
• Collaborate with school-based team to gather classroom based data in order to plan and implement instructional and behavioral strategies and interventions
• Provide observations and informal assessment to assist in the planning, goal setting, identification of instruction and/or behavioral intervention strategies and programming support
• Provide informal/formal assessment and interpretation upon request following school-based assessment and intervention to assist in planning, goal setting and identification of instructional, behavioral and evaluation interventions and strategies
• Share pertinent information regarding characteristics, teaching strategies and suitable materials as they apply to specific intensive needs.
• Consult with parents/guardians, teachers, and other appropriate staff regarding the student’s program and any adaptations/materials need to facilitate improved performance in the classroom or at home
• Maintain appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information. Re-evaluate, as appropriate, to determine extent of progress and effectiveness of therapy
• Provide written reports to the school, parents/guardians, outside agencies and members of the SSP Team as required
• Provide assistance in the development of professional development training sessions as required
The successful candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in education psychology or special education, and is currently registered with the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists and holds an Authorized Practice endorsement. Consideration will be given to candidates who are in the process of completing designation requirements. Must have knowledge of Ministry of Education criteria for designation of students with Intensive Needs and has experience working within the elementary and secondary school context, with a strong understanding of First Nations cultures and traditions and pedagogy.
This position is a TERM position to March 31, 2015. Please forward a covering letter and resume, including three professional references by 5:00 p.m., May 23, 2014 to:
Human Resources & Administration Manager
Treaty 4 Student Success Program
Reserve #77A, 740 Sioux Avenue, Box 1579
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
Your interest in our program is appreciated. Please note that only those individuals whose application is considered will be contacted.
Reserve #77A, #120 – 740 Sioux Avenue, Box 1579, Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
Phone: 306.332.2626 Fax: 306.332.2679